Sites at Risk
New to the Sites at Risk map? Watch our How to... guidance videos to help you get started.
Wig Bay Lookout Post (12370)
- Current Priority
- Site Type
- Observation Post.
- WW2, 1940
Low brick building. Window on south side. WW2 mine observation post.
Condition and current recommendations:
Over to you...
If you know there are errors in the original site record you can edit the original record here
If you would like to visit the site and carry out a ShoreUPDATE survey, you can prepare a ShoreUPDATE pack for this site (PDF) here.
If you want to use your smart phone to carry out the ShoreUPDATE survey, you can download the app here.
If you have completed a field survey of this site, you can submit your ShoreUPDATE record here.
1 ShoreUpdate accepted and 0 pending.
Click on an update to expand it.
7th February, 2013 by niccoombey
- Feb. 7, 2013
- Tidal state:
- Site located?:
- Proximity to coast edge:
- Coastally eroding?:
- not eroding
- Is there a coastal defence?:
- Other threats?:
- visitor erosion; tipping; structural damage/decay
- How visible are the remains? (above ground):
- highly visible (substantial remains)
- How visible are the remains? (in section):
- not visible
- How accessibile is the site?:
- easily accessible- no restrictions; accessible on foot (footpath); vehicular access
- The site is:
- is well known; is well visited
Comments and recommendations
clean up better interpretation at car park